Sunday, October 21, 2007

Photo Plus Expo 2007 - Javits Center -NYC

These last couple of weekends have been a blast... I am having the time of my life and had an even bigger time of my life meeting some famous wedding photographer celebs.. So let me explain why! This past weekend I spent two days at the Photo Plus Expo. The Photo Plus Expo is one of the largest expos on Photography on the east coast. I attended two seminars on Macs Aperture & Adobe Light room. All really amazing stuff! My photography friend Kimberly met up with me and we had a blast.

On Friday I got to meet the world famous Harry Benson. Harry Benson is a well known photojournalist who shot extremely famous photographs of the Beatles, Truman Capote, caught Robert Kennedy's assisanation on film, many presidents and more.
I don't think he likes looking at the camera though:


The next day I worked at the Shootsac booth. I helped out all day long with selling the shootsac. An amazing lens bag designed by Jessica Claire who is a amazing wedding photographer out of California. (yes I read her blog often) This bag which can hold about 4 various lenses at a time, (this is a great lens bag if you have tons of prime lenses and yes it can easily hold the 70-200mm) is also very fashionable as you can change the types of covers you put on the front of the bag.The cover on the bag is also a lens cleaner!!!
If any photographer knows how it is a pain to have to change lenses, with the Shootsac you can just go into your bag put your lens down in the bag change the lens, etc. etc. I had a blast hanging out with Marissa and Keats all day long at this unique event. I was happy that I could help them out and had a good time selling the bag to customers.. I wish I could had met Jessica, she had went home the day before.
I will post pics of my new Shootsac in action in the upcoming weeks.

Seven hours later we were taking the booth down and famous wedding photographer Gary Fong who is well known for the Lightsphere walks up and I got a pic. Wow its just so strange meeting people who you read about online all the time!
Ok enough geekdom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woot Woot Gary Fong!!