Sunday, March 9, 2008

Engagement Photography- Flat Iron Building - NYC

katherinetextureI met this lovely couple today.. we talked about marriage, children, what happens when you turn 30. (I will find out this year) We had some interesting adventures in the cold, cold weather. I have to give it to them, a little over an hour in the freezing cold to brave it that long. We ended the shoot in a cute diner with red stool seats with coffee and tea, you don't see to many of those anymore. The owner there let me go behind the counter to take photos and gave us advice on marriage, quite a character! I had alot of fun, pulled some muscles in my leg from sitting to long in front of the Flat Iron building hopefully I will recover soon! (for the love of photography)
In this set, I have been really experimenting with tilt shift photography. I had dabbled a little into last year, but its really been growing on me. I went to a photo class where Vincent La Foret had spoke out about his travels as a National Geographic Photographer and his use of the tilt shift lens. Thats what first sparked my interest back in Oct. 07, I think we are going to see a little more use with the effect this year!


Flat Iron Building

tilt shift

color cool

feet
Sepia -flat iron


park

apt.
trees
dragg

coffee shop

Portrait

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love these. They belong in a magazine!