Thursday, February 28, 2008

Twigs and Honey

So while reading Brooklyn Bride's Wedding blog a couple of days ago, I came across this unique seller on Etsy named Myra of Twigs & Honey.
Myra makes these unique Victorian vintage style hairpieces, they were written about in Brooklyn Bride's blog because of the fact they would make really amazing hairpieces for brides to be.. ( Hint Hint future brides I am photographing )
Each piece has lace, a flower, pearls, beads attached to a gold comb.. What I like about her pieces is that she puts and pulls together really interesting color combinations out of assorted feathers that she pairs up with these hairpieces.

I can not tell you how thrilled I was when I came across her store on Etsy, to find pieces that each have unique personalities. I have taken some pictures of the piece I bought ( and plan on wearing out) happily sent them to her and in addition to this she posted a great blog piece about the photographs I took
Here is a snippet if we she said "

"Laura Ryan Photography

I, like so many out there, am a self described pack rat. Every snippet of ribbon, length of thread, button, and broken sand dollar, I hoard because someday, I'll need it (right?). Well, as for my hair pieces, I develop these little attachments to each one and always wonder, "Did they arrive to the customer okay?" OR "I wonder what adventure it will be taken on?" Recently, I was fortunate to have a wonderfully talented photographer purchase a piece from my Etsy shop. This particular piece happened to be a personal favorite of mine and I was so tickled to see photos of its arrival to Laura Ryan Photography. Laura just so happens to be this amazing photographer (any interested brides - check her out!) and was so kind to snap a handful of photos and send them my way. I am so happy that this piece found its way into the talented hands of Laura! I know she'll take care of my hearted piece and did I mention, Laura is super sweet to boot?! Well, after seeing the twigs & honey piece so nicely cared for already, I feel the grip on my trinkets and odds and ends slightly loosening. Perhaps I shouldn't be so attached after all? I do believe that all the pieces are going to develop wonderful stories with each person who takes one home! Memories, really, to last a lifetime. Thank you Laura Ryan Photography!I am thrilled to say she will be making a piece for a future photoshoot for me!
The full written page can be seen here:
Check it out here
: Twigs and Honey
& Myra's Etsy shop
Thanks Myra.. I can't wait to wear your pieces out and I look forward to your new creations.

No comments: